Monday, September 15, 2008

When Ike Doesn't Like Us Back

Like many Ohio residents living in and around Columbus, my good friend David has lost electricity in his Kenyon College dorm room thanks to Hurricane Ike. The hurricane roared through the Midwest yesterday, leaving 31 people dead in eight states and More than 1M without power in Ohio Valley.

David called me this morning with what little battery life his cell phone has left to tell me he's doing fine, but won't be able to contact anyone. I thought this blog would be a good place to mention it, since we hopefully have some mutual friends reading me, right guys? David is hoping Kenyon will get power back by midnight, but he said it could take up to a week.

Good luck Ohio!

And for those of us either in Chicago or getting ready to head back for another school year, the city was hit with recorded rainfall (up to eight inches in the northern suburbs) and flooding.

No comments: